Why we chose to build a Formula 1000 car
- Modern car concept with up-to-date regulations which gives freedom of design in mechanical and aerodynamic areas.
- An open chassis formula (ie. not a one-make formula) which creates competition and allows the car to be developed year-on-year.
- An open engine formula which again encourages competition between the engine builders.
- Excellent power-to-weight ratio, rated second only to Formula Atlantic in SCCA club racing.
- 6-speed sequential gearbox which compares with the higher formulae and is wanted by drivers.
- A sportscar derivative which gives a second marketplace, allows design costs to be amortised over more chassis and so contains the cost.
- Cost effective engine and gearbox units which are easily accessible to customers.
- The market demand for something new in an up and coming US formula.